How to Clean an Automobile Interior
Car owners wanting to clean their vehicle’s interior are sometimes unsure about the quickest, most effective & efficient ways of performing this task. Following are the suggested steps used by our car interior detailing specialists for doing this job:
- Remove all trash from vehicle
- Empty ash-trays
- Remove all unattached items
- Remove floor mats
- Remove items from trunk
- Vacuum seats, carpets & trunk
- Clean & condition hard surfaces (dash-board, door panels, etc.)
- Clean & protect the soft surfaces (seats, carpets, trunk-liners, etc.)
- Clean glass surfaces with a glass cleaning liquid using a Micro-Fiber towel (But ONLY in the shade to avoid streaking)
- Replace all removed items & floor-mats
How Do We Clean Your Automobile Interior
For car owners who would rather spend their free time enjoying life and engage us to do this job in the most professional manner, these are the steps our professional Detailers have come to use after cleaning hundred’s of vehicle interiors to the owner’s full satisfaction:
- We start by removing all loose items and trash from the car’s interior.
- The next important step to achieve a beautiful car interior is thorough vacuuming. We remove floor mats and wash them to remove embedded grease & dirt. Since cars are full of very tight and small nooks and corners which can become a trap for trash, dirt & dust. We thoroughly vacuum the car seats & seams, door handles and armrests and even the dashboard as well. In order to clean the A/C vents, we use of a clean and dry paint brush.
- We carefully clean and condition the hard surfaces of the car including the dash, glove compartment, doors, seatbelts, sideboards and the storage spots as well. We use a specialty cleaning solution for best results. Apply it onto a microfiber towel and then wipe the surfaces with it. In order to clean the hard to reach spots, you can make use of an old and soft-bristled brush. In case you are using conditioners, only use the non-silicone type.
- The next step is to clean the upholstery and for cloth-type upholstery, we spray the upholstery cleaner directly on fabric. For leather car seats, the procedure is a bit more complicated and we use leather soap and conditioner afterwards. For cleaning vinyl seats, we use all purpose vinyl cleaner. We never use silicone conditioning products they can stain clothing fabrics.
- Cleaning car carpets is a must while detailing your car’s interior and we use a steam and/or carper extractor for best results. We use steam and/or carper extractor on the floor mats, making sure to minimize moisture and at the end to thoroughly dry the mats and carpets to eliminate the growth of molds and fungi.
- For streak-free windows, we avoid sun light and spray the window cleaner onto a microfiber towel to clean the windows.
- To ensure a spotless interior we perform a final re-vacuuming.
Keeping the interior of your car clean is not only important for you and your family’s well-being but also makes a great impression for others riding in your car. You will find that it is relatively easy to clean your car yourself but you can let the capable, experienced and detail oriented interior specialist at Dangerous Curves Auto Detailing do the job for you, just call and schedule your appointment at your convenience.
Benefits of Car Interior Detailing
Most vehicle owners are proud to drive a shiny, sparkling clean car for everyone to see – but how is the inside of your vehicle looking these days? If you are cringing at the mere thought of it, you shouldn’t feel too bad since interior detailing tends to be one of the more forgotten and most unlikable chores to do for drivers in the Greater Wilmington Area. That being said, it’s important to keep the inside of your vehicle in top condition and here are several reasons why:
Retain the Value of your Vehicle
Rarely do we keep a car for life these days so the odds are good you will be trading in or selling off your vehicle one day. To make sure you get the most return available on your large investment, take proper care of your vehicle and regularly maintain its interior as gingerly as the exterior.
Auto Upholstery Stain Removal and Prevention
There are a number of different surfaces in your vehicle and they are comprised of all sorts of materials. Leather, vinyl, fabrics, carpeting and plastics of various kinds help make the inside of your car look good but they can also get dirty, even if you’re good at keeping it tidy. The fact is, we spend a lot of time in our vehicles and stains happen, often, especially if you have kids in the car! Having your vehicle’s interior detailed on a regular basis will address all those unsightly stains, big and small, and also help prevent them from happening with the application of the right cleaning and maintenance products for each of the surfaces in your vehicle.
Disinfect Vehicle Interior Surfaces
How many times a day do you touch the interior surfaces of your car? Think about the stereo buttons, the ignition, the clutch, the steering wheel, the safety belt locking mechanism and the glove compartment box. You’ve probably touched them a million more times than you imagine and just think how many times you or the passengers cleaned your hands before you did. The gross fact is the inside of your car is way dirtier than it appears. It’s easy to happen, cross contamination from money, food, drinks, and the oils from your hands is everywhere you touched so it’s a good idea to have all the surfaces in your vehicle properly cleaned and disinfected by a professional team because they know the right products to use as the dashboard and areas where there are more technical auto components can be sensitive to certain cleaners and a rough touch.
Protect Auto Upholstery from Environmental Damage
If you have window tinting already, sun damage is less of a problem but if not, it’s important to remember that the ultra violet rays from the sun are intense, especially in the summer. Windshields tend to provide more protection from UVA and UVB rays as compared to the side windows because they use glass that underwent a different, less expensive treatment than what is required for the windscreen. That means more intense rays of sunshine are coming into your vehicle and that can damage the interior fabrics and finishes over the long term. Even in the winter months, it’s important to keep the interior clean regularly because even with rubber mats, salt and water erosion can still take place. A professionally done car interior detailing job means the proper attention will be given to address any fabric damage on the carpeting and seating and the proper cleaning and fabric maintenance products will be used. Also important to note, fabrics and carpeting tends to be made more cheaply these days, even in high end vehicles, and too much force used in the cleaning process can promote premature wear and fraying.
Keep Allergies Away from your Car
It’s easier to maintain a clean car than it is to deal with a dirty one, so it’s recommended you get an interior detailing job done as the seasons change. We offer DrivePur system uses an environmentally friendly and family safe solution to help protect you and your loved ones from germs. DrivePur guards your car’s interior with a nano-thin anti-microbial coating which not only attacks germs on contact, it continues fighting germs for up to 6 months after the treatment. One of the overlooked aspects by vehicle owners is vacuuming all the nooks and crannies of your car’s interior. It’s easy for crumbs from food and residue from drinks to build up in a short period of time. Vacuuming and proper cleaning of all the surfaces, carpeting and seating upholstery gets rid of dust and dirt and possible mold growth; all of which through prolonged exposure can actually lead to allergic reactions or general decrease in health to you and your passengers.
By regularly cleaning your interior, you get rid of bad odors, protect surfaces from fading and help prevent cracking and discoloration of the dash panels. Not only does this greatly improve resale price, it also adds a great deal of comfort for the driver.
Stop by for further information on Interior Auto Detailing & Cleaning 910.769.0503